Make your own free website on



Message Board | Haunted Sites | About Us | The Members | Photos | Video and EVP's | Awards | Investigations | Calendar Of Events | History Of A.G.H.O.S.T. | Contact Us | Guest Book | Links

Here you will find storys and history from the sites we've investigated

The Kalakala

The Kalakala

group checking out the suicide area

where we had the channeling session

where the suicide took place

where we sat for the channeling

David doing his channeling, Barbie viewing from his left

KALAKALA Website click here

It was about 4:10 pm on January 6, 2002 when we met outside The Kalakala for our first investigation. It was cold and raining, but somehow the weather seemed perfect for this type of activity. We were joined by several members of WSGS, which included two Psychics and a Medium. We gathered up our gear and headed toward our destination.

We were allowed to enter the ferry boat at about 4:30 pm, and were given a quick tour by one of the men living on the boat and working on the restoration. We then gathered in the conference room and planned our strategy.

It was decided that we would break into two groups for the investigation and, at that point, proceeded on our way.

At approx. 5:08 pm, a large group had gathered around the ladies lounge. Several members and the Psychics felt a presence. We got definite EMF detector readings, and it was learned that there was an apparent suicide in this area.

The investigation continued throughout other areas of the ferry...the engine room, the lower and upper decks, the ballroom and the car deck, where EMF detector readings occurred.

Throughout the investigation, photos were taken by members, some showing orbs and one, taken in the ballroom, which showed a strange mist. There were also some difficulties with blurry images and cameras that would not work at all.

At 6:20, we all gathered in the ballroom in preparation for a sit-down to be conducted by the Medium with the WSGS group.

At 6:25 the channeling began. Contacted was the spirit of a man, who spoke through the Medium. After interrogation, mainly by one of the WSGS Pyschics,it was learned that his name was John Martin. He believed the year to be 1954, and stated that he was a janitor on the ferry. He was scared and upset because he could not find anyone he had known and was extremely lonely. Questions went on for a few minutes and then, the incident ended.

After this event, one of the members of A.G.H.O.S.T. became very uneasy and clostrophobic. A presence was felt behind him, as if breathing down his neck, but no one was there. He found it necessary to leave the ballroom and spend some time outside.

After a short break, the Medium decided to try again. He asked to be joined by the spirit of a woman, whose presence he felt, that had been raped. He again channeled a spirit, who's name turned out to be Alice Johnson. After much interrogation by the WSGS Psychics, it was learned that she believed that it was 1950 and was frightened that two men would find her.

As questioning continued, it was determined that she was a passenger on the ferry, on her way to Seattle from San Francisco, where she had been a teacher. She was raped and, apparently killed, by two men who claimed to work on the Kalakala. She was extremely frightened. She was assured repeatedly that the men would not find her.

After a brief period, the channeling ended and it was time to end the investigation.

It would be interesting to research these events and know for sure if these two people ever were aboard the Kalakala.

It is our hope to return to The Kalakala in the near future, possibly this summer. We feel that an investigation has about a 10% chance of seeing a ghost, and a greater chance that photos will show some sort of presence...whether it be orbs, mist or another form of energy, which is definitely present on this vessel.

More photos from the investigation of The Kalakala can be viewed on the Photo Page. Video footage will soon be available on the Video and EVP Page.

We would like to give a big thanks to Peter and his crew for letting us aboard his ship. THANKS

For more info about the KALAKALA, write them at

154 N. 35th Street
Seattle, WA. 98103

or call them at (206) 632-0540

The prospect of an anniversary ghost seemed too good to pass up. So, on January 8, 2000, a group of A.G.H.O.S.T. members, consisting of Ross, Patricia, Mark, Barbie, Dina and Dana, decided to drive over to Des Moines Beach Park to have a chance to see Diana, the little girl seen swinging and playing on the beach every year on this date.

We arrived at around 7:00 pm. Ross, Mark Dina and Dana parked in the parking lot near the pier, while Patricia and Barbie drove to the parking area nearest the park, near the Senior Citizen Center. We unpacked the necessary gear and started our investigation. We decided to break into two groups. Ross's group decided to check out the beach area, while Patricia's group stayed near the area of the swings.

Nothing much seemed to happen at first, but there was something that drew us to the last swing on the right side of the swingset. As Dina drew closer with the EMF detector, it went off...very strongly. As she moved to the other swings, there were no readings at all, but going back to that swing, the detector went crazy every time. Could this be the one that little Diana liked to swing on?

After a few minutes, Ross's group came back from the beach area and, along the way, had met up with a group of four or five others that had read about the anniversary ghost and decided to check it out for themselves. We chatted for a while as we continues the investigation in the area of the swing, where a tape recorder was set up to see if there might be any EVP.

After a few minutes, Mark, Barbie and Patricia walked to the beach area to check it out. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary and, after a few minutes, someone screamed that Patricia needed to move her car, as the gates were being locked.

Patricia left to move the car and, after a few minutes, there seemed to be a disturbance. One of the caretakers, who apparently lives in the park area, drove up in his pick-up truck. We had noticed that the truck had been driving back and forth for a while, but now he stopped and told us all that we had to get out. He seemed very hostile and yelled that there were strange things going on that night and we needed to leave.

It seems that, up the road on the other side of the Senior Center, someone had started a small fire with a fire bomb, made out of a pop bottle.

So, at around 8:00, we packed up our gear and headed back towards the cars. All the while, the caretaker was watching us from his truck and, as we approached him, he speeded away quickly, as if he was afraid of us.

Back at the cars, we packed our equipment back into the trunk and headed for home, disappointed that we were unable to stay longer, possibly seeing Diana as she played.

Was it her presence that set off the EMF detector?? We'd like to think so. Upon reviewing the pictures taken by Ross with the digital camera, one looked particularly interesting. In one taken on the beach, there seemed to be a figure standing in the sand. As there was no one else around at the time, could this be the figure of little Diana, playing on the beach, as she is reported to do every year on this night? Check out this photo on the photo page and tell us what you think.

There were also orbs present in photos taken at the swing that set off the EMF detector.

The evening was exciting, though cut short. We'll have to wait until next January 8th to continue this investigation. In the mean time, we would like to conduct more research involving Diana and why she haunts this park. Did she die here, or is it just someplace that she liked to be?? We'll pass on any further information we obtain.

Diana's House coming soon

Des Moines Beach Park

The swings, where Diana's been seen

the group checking out other swings for  EMF readings

Group one checking out the beach area

more of the park area

Dina checking for EMF readings

All investigation reports are based off notes and forms made by A.G.H.O.S.T. members. Final report for the website is done by Mark Simpson, Production Manager